Monday, January 20, 2014

My name is Michael Nespo. I am a New Media/Graphic Design major. I have a degree in Graphic Design from Ivy Tech Community College. I have also been working as a DJ on the side since the late 1990s. I specialize in Chicago House Music.  I currently work at WSND FM on school breaks and every summer. I was the resident DJ at a nightclub in Mishawaka from 2009-2012. I post the mixes I record online at: www.mixcloud.com/djmj09  

 My favorite movies are The Shining, Party Monster, Boogie Nights, Serial Mom, and The Doom Generation. My favorite directors are John Waters, Gregg Araki, Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, and Sophia Copolla. My favorite tv shows are American Horror Story, The Dead Files, Six Feet Under, and True Blood. 

If I could make any media without restrictions I would probably make an underground documentary on House Music. 

When I complete my degree at IU, I plan on moving to Chicago and get a job in the field there. 

I have been interested in making media most of my life. It started with DJ'ng and has progressed to Graphic Design and video. 





1 comment:

  1. Your self portrait is wonderful. It has energy. It's easy to imagine being where you are when I look at it. Six Feet Under has the best show finale I have ever seen. I also watch American Horror Story and True Blood. I look forward to your work this semester.

    ReplyDelete